Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Since I recently put up a few pics from Highgate Cemetery, including one of a stone angel, I thought I stay with these heavenly creatures for a while. Here is one of my favourite songs.

Angel by Sarah McLachlan

Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance,
for a break that would make it okay.

There's always some reason
to feel not good enough,
and it's hard, at the end of the day.

I need some distraction,
Oh, beautiful release.
Memories seep from my veins.

Let me be empty,
Oh, and weightless,
And maybe I'll find some peace tonight.

CHORUS:
In the arms of the angel,
fly away from here,
from this dark, cold hotel room,
and the endlessness that you feel.

You are pulled from the wreckage,
Of your silent reverie.
You're in the arms of the angel,
may you find some comfort here.

So tired of the straight line,
and everywhere you turn,
there's vultures and thieves at your back.

The storm keeps on twisting.
Keep on building the lies
that you make up for all that you lack.

Don't make no difference,
escape one last time.
It's easier to believe in this sweet madness,
Oh, this glorious sadness,
that brings me to my knees.

REPEAT CHORUS

You're in the arms of the angel,
may you find some comfort here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

I love the film Cyrano De Bergerac
and even the second one -
Manon of the Spring - but the
first one really broke my heart.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

i love this song as well. everytime i listen to it i imagine myself by the ocean peacefully swaying in a hammock. she has an amazing voice.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Nice to meet you! Came from helenWheels (Just Aint Right)

Love that song, Sarah is so beautiful, and what a voice.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Thank you Silly for the kind well wishes for my kiddo. I am sure that you know more than most about the fear and need for well wishing when surgery is involved. Thank you so much.

And I have had the extreme pleasure of seeing Sarah sing twice. Once at Lilith Fair and once in Cleveland. She is amazing. And BabyGirl puts in requests for music from the backseat of the car. Sarah, Joss Stone and Sheryl Crow are usually what she asks for.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Nameless said...

sarah mclachlan is simply fantastic.. i love sweet surrender

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home